Monday 12 November 2018

Bath - location of ANPRs

I didn't manage to make it to the Bath Hacked day on analysing road traffic data, but I'd still like to investigate a little. Big shout to the Bathhacked folks for their work!

First off, a quick visualisation of the locations of the automated number plate readers (ANPRs). I did this in Tableau, since that's quickest for me. If you don't know Bath, sorry that it's a bit cryptic, but if you do, I suspect it gives enough information. Might be better with a bit of road information behind, but that would take longer!

The ANPRs mostly come in in-out pairs, and in 4 "radial groups": basically one a long way out, then 3 concentric circles. They're also identified by direction of travel, NESW, but given what I have in mind, this is less interesting so I didn't show it.


No comments:

Post a Comment